Welcome to Floral Design
Start a successful career in the floral design industry with QC’s comprehensive, hands-on training. Launch your own business, work for an experienced floral designer, or incorporate your floral design skills into an existing home design career. If you are creative, love flowers, and want to add beauty to your clients’ spaces, a career in the floral design industry could be right for you. Graduate with a professional certification, ready to launch a successful career as a floral designer.
QC’s Floral Design Course is ideal for those who
- Are creative and artistic
- Want to start a retail flower shop or launch a career in floral design
- Would like to integrate floral design into a decorating business
- Love flowers!
- Includes everything you need to get certified
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Included in Your Course
Lifetime Access to
Once you’re a member of the QC family you’ll have lifetime access to all the tools and resources available to QC students. This includes discounts on industry products and so much more!
from Industry Experts
Just because you’re learning online doesn’t mean you’re learning alone. You’ll receive personalized audio feedback from your tutor on every design assignment you submit.
Catapult your career with access to real-world templates, self-study assignments, and bonus materials. Utilize these resources to develop your marketing and customer service skills.
- Comprehensive online lesson texts
- 6 units containing quizzes and hands-on exercises that will develop your floral design skills
- Over 5 hours of demonstration videos that will teach you how to arrange a variety of flowers into attractive designs
- An easy-to-follow course guide that tells you when to read lesson texts, watch videos and complete assignments.
- A business training unit designed for floral designers. Learn how to register your business, advertise your services, and manage projects.
- All the business forms and templates you need to launch your business.
Your Floral Design Certification
Upon graduation, you’ll receive your certification and be able to use the designation International Floral Design Professional (IFDP). You’ll be able to use the designation on your website, social media profiles, business cards, and other marketing materials. Your training and certification will cement your credibility as an industry professional and give you an advantage over other floral designers in your local industry.
Select the buttons below to learn about each Unit in your online Floral Design course.
- Explore the different paths you can follow to build a career in the floral design industry
- Learn about the history of floral design, following the industry’s popularity from Ancient Egypt all the way to modern times
- Learn about the most common types of arrangements you’ll design throughout your career and how your clients will use them
- Discover the most popular flowers in the industry and learn how they’ll contribute to your designs
- Learn about plant anatomy and plant care to ensure you can create long-lasting designs for your clients
- Discover the tools and supplies you’ll need to care for your flower materials and build your designs
- Learn how to process and prepare your flowers and foliage for a design with step-by-step instructions
- Explore the mechanics involved in structuring a variety of floral designs
- Study the principles and elements of design and learn how to combine these concepts with your client’s goals to design beautiful arrangements
- Learn how to create a floral design plan to account for every element of your design
- Discover the essential design considerations you’ll need to account for when you create decorative arrangements, including the following: vase designs, foam and wire arrangements and sprays
- Follow step-by-step instructions led by floral design expert, Renee Tucci. Get inspired to create beautiful designs!
- Learn about flower selection and placement for decorative arrangements
- Explore different methods to polish your designs using decorative accessories
- Learn how to design flowers to wear and carry, including bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Discover how you can create customized designs to coordinate with and enhance your client’s special events and occasions
- Follow step-by-step instructions and detailed video tutorials to learn how to structure and design bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Learn techniques to keep these designs fresh even when they can’t be stored in water
- Discover how you can apply the fundamental floral design techniques you’ve learned so far to create advanced designs for your clients
- Follow step-by-step instructions and video examples to try your hand at creating specialty floral designs, including garlands, wreaths, large arrangements and aisle decor for events and special occasions
- Learn how you can use faux flowers to improve your designs and accommodate your clients’ special requests
- Expand your creativity and skillset by experimenting with advanced designs
- Study the various types of businesses and explore the best option for your floral design career
- Discover the steps involved in starting your business, whether you want to open a flower shop, specialize in floral design for events or work as a freelance florist
- Learn how to effectively market and promote your floral design business so that you stand out from the competition
- Explore your options for buying wholesale flowers and supplies and learn how to manage your floral inventory
- Learn effective communication and sales strategies to help you interact with customers in a professional way
Free Course Preview
Download the Floral Design Course Preview to get a sneak peek of the course.
- View a sample assignment
- Watch a course video excerpt
- Review a complete course curriculum
- Learn about the student/tutor connection
QC’s Money-Back Guarantee
When you enroll with QC, you have 21 days to review the course and decide whether it’s the right fit for your career goals and learning style. If you decide that you do not want to take the course, simply contact the school to receive a full refund.