In the age of social distancing, you may think that trying to run a successful design business is a lost cause. But this couldn’t be further from the truth! In fact, many designers all over the world have slowly (and safely) started to resume in-person client services. For those who might not be comfortable taking that risk, however, there’s become an equally effective way to continue booking jobs and bolstering your interior designer salary in 2020: virtual design services.
While e-design services were already a thing prior to the pandemic, they’ve since gained immeasurable popularity over this past year. In general, they’ve always been a beneficial service to offer. But in the midst of COVID-19, they’re now a major, not-so-secret weapon that you can use to your advantage!
But what if you don’t know how to provide virtual services? How can you complete a virtual design project, run a virtual consultation, or market your virtual services if you have no prior experience?
Luckily, QC Design School is here, and we’ve got your back! With our brand-new Virtual Design Training, we can help you successfully adapt your business to the digital world. This way, you can attract new clientele, book new jobs, and increase your interior designer salary – all from the comfort of your own home!
Why are Virtual Services in Such High Demand?
There are countless reasons why virtual operations are a hot commodity right now. Amidst the global pandemic, they allow your client the ability to work with a trained professional and still complete their home renovation projects – without putting themselves (or others) at risk of contracting COVID-19. They also allow you, as the industry expert, to put your health and safety first.
But even if you take COVID out of the equation, virtual design services are still an extremely useful service for your everyday business. Here are just a few of the perks:
You can provide your expertise in quicker, more convenient way!
You’ll encounter more than a few clients who come to you with a last-minute request. Needing to physically travel can make tending to time-sensitive matters difficult. But since virtual services can be done from anywhere, you’ll be able to help your client out on a way faster deadline.
There’s a lot more flexibility!
The fact that you can work from literally anywhere is going to drastically open up your availability. This will not only allow you a better work-life balance; you’ll also be able to assist more clients. This means more bookings overall, which will definitely boost your interior designer salary.
They add to your business profits
To build off the above point: as a general service, virtual design services and consultations allow you to cater to a larger clientele. You can offer more options to meet their needs. In a time where so many have to practice social distancing, e-design services allow you to continue working if in-person services are impossible. Either way, they’re adding to your interior designer salary!
Introducing: QC’s Virtual Design Training
This one-unit “mini course” will teach you with all the skills you need in order to provide your clients with dynamic, lucrative e-design services. You’ll learn:
- The 5 steps of the virtual design process
- How to hold a virtual client consultation
- How to effectively communicate with your clients
- How to determine the scope of the project
- The different types of e-design services
- How to create the concept for your client’s project
- Tips for photographing and measuring your client’s space
- How to complete an effective design proposal
- Tips for creating virtual presentation boards
- How to navigate the challenges of completing virtual design projects
- Popular platforms and software programs you should be focusing on
- And SO much more!
Fun Facts About QC’s Virtual Design Training Course
Just in case the above information wasn’t already awesome enough, here are some additional benefits to taking this course…
- It’s 100% self-paced and can be done from anywhere in the world (even in your own bedroom, while still wearing your jammies)!
- You’ll have a full 2 years to complete the program!
- However, by devoting just a couple hours to your studies per week, you can easily finish the course in in less than a month!
- Your tutor is a real-working industry professional!
- You’re training at an internationally-leading online school that has been in the business for 35 years, and has an A+ ranking from the Better Business Bureau!
- Upon completing the course, you’ll be provided with a physical certificate to show that you have reputable virtual design training! This certificate will strengthen your resume and impress/attract even more clients – which means a higher interior designer salary for YOU!
2020 has undoubtedly impacted the design industry, but that does NOT mean your career can’t continue to prosper. Add virtual design training to your repertoire, and watch your business and interior designer salary flourish!