Learn online and become a Aging in Place Professional with QC’s professional courses.
With QC’s Aging in Place Course, you’ll receive:
- Professional and industry-leading content
- An Aging in Place Design Professional certification (APDP)
- Full business training to prepare you for a new career
- One-on-one mentoring throughout your course
- 50% off all additional courses so you can continue mastering your skills
How Online Learning Works
QC Design School’s online courses provide you with a classroom-like education from the comforts of your home. Life can be hectic, and that’s why online courses can be completed on your own time and at your own pace.
- Your course comes with online texts, video tutorials, plus customizable business forms and templates.
- You’ll complete theory-based AND practical assignments, and submit them directly to QC’s Online Student Center. Your tutor, who is an expert in the design industry, reviews your work and provides you with detailed audio feedback and a letter grade.
- Contact the Student Support Team whenever you need additional help or advice with QC’s design courses.
- Receive your professional APDP™ certification upon completion of your course.
Access Your Design Course Materials
When you enroll with QC Design School, you’ll have full access to the Online Student Center where you’ll find all your online course texts, assignment templates, videos, and more. You’ll have easy, convenient access to everything you need to complete your Aging in Place course!
Submit Your Assignments
Once you’ve finished a unit, you’ll submit your design assignments through the Online Student Center, and these will be sent directly to your personal tutor. Your tutor reviews your work and provides expert feedback within 7-10 business days!
Review Your Feedback
In their feedback, your tutor will identify areas of opportunity and highlight your areas of strength. You’ll review this advice to improve your skills for the next unit. With each assignment, you’ll build on the materials you’ve learned, to develop your skills as a professional home designer.
Select the buttons below to learn about each Unit in the online Aging in Place Design course.
This first unit will introduce you to the Aging in Place (AIP) design industry. You’ll learn about the responsibilities of an AIP designer and how AIP services differ from other types of design work. You’ll also learn about common physiological changes, medical conditions, and lifestyle changes people experience as they age, and about all of the different housing and support options available to people facing aging-related challenges. This unit will also teach you how act as an AIP educator and market your services effectively.
Unit B focuses on developing the skills required to assess client needs, evaluate homes from an AIP perspective, and create AIP modification plans. You’ll start by learning about the design standards Aging in Place professionals use to guide their work, including universal design, accessible design and visitable design. You’ll then learn how to apply these principles to assess clients’ homes and make effective design recommendations. This unit will also teach you how you can incorporate decluttering and home transition services into your AIP business.
Unit C is your final project for the course. This unit will ask you to work with the home of a friend or relative. The home’s resident(s) can be any age and at any stage of life. You will simply be assessing the home as if it belonged to an AIP client. You’ll assess your mock client’s home, conduct a needs assessment, create a design plan, and explain your reasoning to your tutor who will provide detailed feedback on your full approach, as always.
- Includes everything you need to get certified
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Your Aging in Place Design Certification
When you graduate from QC Design School’s online Aging in Place Design Course, you’ll receive a certification as an Aging in Place Design Professional (APDP).
This recognized designation will demonstrate to your industry peers and clients that you have successfully completed an online aging in place design course. You’ll be prepared to provide the very best in quality home design services.