Start a successful career in the floral design industry with QC’s comprehensive, hands-on training. Use your creativity and your love of flowers to launch a floral design business or add floral design services to your existing home design business.
Throughout this course, you’ll learn how to design beautiful floral designs to suit any space or occasion. Discover the most popular flowers and arrangements in the industry. In detailed video tutorials, you’ll learn how to plan, prepare and create professional floral designs. You’ll study the principles of design and discover how to apply these concepts when working with flowers.
Through hands-on and theory-based assignments, you’ll learn how to work with different design styles and budgets. You’ll also receive full business training so you can launch your own business!
This Course Is Best Suited For
Want to start a floral design company or flower shop
Want to work as a floral designer for an existing company
Want to add floral design services to their business
Introduction to Floral Design
- Explore the different paths you can follow to build a career in the floral design industry
- Learn about the history of floral design, following the industry’s popularity from Ancient Egypt all the way to modern times
- Learn about the most common types of arrangements you’ll design throughout your career and how your clients will use them
- Discover the most popular flowers in the industry and learn how they’ll contribute to your designs
Planning and Preparation
- Learn about plant anatomy and plant care to ensure you can create long-lasting designs for your clients
- Discover the tools and supplies you’ll need to care for your flower materials and build your designs
- Learn how to process and prepare your flowers and foliage for a design with step-by-step instructions
- Explore the mechanics involved in structuring a variety of floral designs
- Study the principles and elements of design and learn how to combine these concepts with your client’s goals to design beautiful arrangements
- Learn how to create a floral design plan to account for every element of your design
- Discover the essential design considerations you’ll need to account for when you create decorative arrangements, including the following: vase designs, foam and wire arrangements and sprays
- Follow step-by-step instructions led by floral design expert, Renee Tucci. Get inspired to create beautiful designs!
- Learn about flower selection and placement for decorative arrangements
- Explore different methods to polish your designs using decorative accessories
Flowers to Wear and Carry
- Learn how to design flowers to wear and carry, including bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Discover how you can create customized designs to coordinate with and enhance your client’s special events and occasions
- Follow step-by-step instructions and detailed video tutorials to learn how to structure and design bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Learn techniques to keep these designs fresh even when they can’t be stored in water
- Discover how you can apply the fundamental floral design techniques you’ve learned so far to create advanced designs for your clients
- Follow step-by-step instructions and video examples to try your hand at creating specialty floral designs, including garlands, wreaths, large arrangements and aisle decor for events and special occasions
- Learn how you can use faux flowers to improve your designs and accommodate your clients’ special requests
- Expand your creativity and skillset by experimenting with advanced designs
Starting Your Business
- Study the various types of businesses and explore the best option for your floral design career
- Discover the steps involved in starting your business, whether you want to open a flower shop, specialize in floral design for events or work as a freelance florist
- Learn how to effectively market and promote your floral design business so that you stand out from the competition
- Explore your options for buying wholesale flowers and supplies and learn how to manage your floral inventory
- Learn effective communication and sales strategies to help you interact with customers in a professional way
QC’s step-by-step program will take you through every aspect of the floral design process. The course assignments are devised to put you into the floral designer’s role, in real-world hands-on scenarios that help develop your creative skills as a professional floral designer.
In the sample assignment, you’ll need to identify anatomical parts of flowers and leaves. Understanding the internal structures of your flowers will help you keep your designs looking healthy and attractive.
You will receive a Course Guide with easy-to-follow instructions on uploading your assignments to the Online Student Center and downloading your tutor’s evaluation and audio feedback. Additionally, QC’s helpful Student Support Team is ready and willing to guide you through your assignments and answer any questions you have along the way. Connect with the support team by phone, email or Live Chat – whichever you prefer.
The Student-Tutor Connection
Once you enroll in your Floral Design Course, you’ll be matched with a personal tutor who will review your work and provide you with in-depth feedback and advice. These accomplished tutors have years of experience with floral design and are eager to share their professional insight to help you achieve your career goals!
MEET YOUR TUTOR
Renee Tucci has more than 20 years of progressive floral design and leadership experience in the retail and event marketplaces. Her experience is supported by a Bachelor of Science in Ornamental Horticulture with an emphasis in Floriculture and a minor in Business.
Renee was inducted into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) in 2016 and Professional Floral Communicators International (PFCI) in 2018. Renee is an educator with the AIFD Education Partner Program and a member of the national Teleflora Education team. Connecting with fellow designers and bringing the floral community together is one of her truest passions.
In the course, you’ll learn from Renee as you watch her numerous instructional demonstrations. As a tutor, she is thrilled to help guide QC students along the way to mastering the art of floral design.
MEET YOUR TUTOR
Mwai Yeboah is the founder of the destination wedding planning boutique specializing in floral design, Love From Mwai. As the lead planner and designer, she helps luxury and lifestyle clients turn weddings and events across the globe into immersive experiences. Mwai uses floral design to enhance her wedding experiences and engage the senses. Having learned from leading, celebrity floral designers and having attended several masterclasses, Mwai is an expert in creative and innovative floral design.
Mwai holds a BA in Business Studies and Accounts, Masters in Business Administration, and Level 7 CIM Accredited Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management. With more than 15 years in the events industry, Mwai’s traveled the globe planning high-end events, been named to top 100 lists, and received multiple awards. Lux Magazine named Mwai Best Wedding Planner UK in 2018 and Best International Wedding Specialist in 2019. Mwai hit a career milestone when she was invited to help design a 1,200-guest wedding for one of Asia’s richest families.
As a floral design tutor, Mwai helps students understand luxury floral design, style techniques, and high-end customer experience touchpoints so they turn heads with their designs and bring client visions to life.