Looking for some practical, affordable organization tips you can apply within your own home? Certified professional organizer, Bradley Schlagheck, has 4 that he guarantees will change your life! 🎉
Certified Professional Organizer Bradley Schlagheck’s Top 4 Tips!
Bradley Schlagheck is a Student Ambassador of QC Design School and the proud owner of Foundation Home. As a graduate of QC’s Interior Decorating and Professional Organizing courses, Bradley is both a designated International Design and Decorating Professional (IDDP) and an Advanced International Organizing Professional (AIOP).
Today, he uses his industry expertise to offer 4 game-changing organizing tips to improve your life!
Want to connect with Bradley directly? Join QC Design School’s free Virtual Classroom on Facebook today!
In the above video, certified professional organizer, Bradley Schlagheck, offers the following 4 organization tips:
- Zones and Homes. Most homes are already broken down into individual rooms. But what if you live in a studio apartment? Follow Bradley’s tips to create designated zones within your living space!
- One In, One Out. This is a great rule in general, but ESPECIALLY when it comes to closets. To avoid clutter, keep your personal items balanced by getting rid of something old every time you obtain something new!
- Categorize and Containerize. As Bradley discusses, the first big step for any organizing job is to categorize items and put “like with like”. As a result, you’ll better be able to see all of your items, use them more efficiently, and know which items you no longer need!
- Use Vertical Space. This tip is particularly handy if you’re looking for extra space in smaller spaces. Bradley delves deeper into this, so again, make sure to watch the video!
Which of these 4 tips do YOU find most helpful? Let us know in the comments below!
Become a Certified Professional Organizer with QC Design School!
QC’s online Professional Organizing Course is 5 units long and done entirely at YOUR own pace! In this comprehensive program, you’ll learn:
- Exactly what a professional organizer does and the types of clients you’ll work with;
- Factors that create organizational issues;
- How to produce home design plans through the use of floorplans;
- Moveable and fixed storage solutions at your (and your clients’) disposal;
- The art of decluttering;
- How to create a long-term organization plan that’ll set your client up for success;
- How to launch (and run) your very own professional organizer business;
- And SO much more!
As a QC Design School student, you’ll have a full 2 years to complete your course (beginning on the day you enroll). However, our courses have NO deadlines or set schedules. Thus, you can complete your studies whenever works best for YOU! Many of our graduates found that by simply devoting 1-2 hours per week on their program, they were able to finish in as little as 3-6 months.
When you enroll, we’ll give you online and physical access to all of your course materials. You’ll be paired with a tutor who’s a real industry expert, with decades of in-field experience. Moreover, after you submit each unit, your assigned tutor will review your work with a fine-toothed comb. This way, they can then send you extensive audio feedback to help you better your craft and grow!
Now, just because this course is online doesn’t mean you won’t still get hands-on training. On the contrary, your practical assignments will push you to apply your knowledge within your own home. As such, you’ll gain all sorts of real-world experience to set your career up for success!
The best part? Once you graduate, you’ll get an official Advanced International Organizing Professional (AIOP) designation. Therefore, you’ll be able to tell all of your future clients, vendors, and/or employers that you’re a fully trained, certified professional organizer!
Join the discussion 2 Comments
I should probably follow the “one in, one out” rule more closely myself! Great tips as usual!! Utilizing vertical space is also a big one for small spaces, being creative with using space in these situations is so important!
We’re SO glad you found Bradley’s tips so beneficial, Daniella! We certainly did, too. 🙂 It’s amazing just how much a certified professional organizer can help us with our spaces, isn’t it? Let us know if you ever wind up implementing any of these tips within your own home. <3
All the best,
The QC Team