Dream of earning your color consultant certification and launching the design career of your dreams? QC Design School tutor, Christina Kittelstad, is here to reveal how YOU can achieve this in as little as 3 months!
Christina is an accomplished color consultant, home stager, and painter. Her work has been featured on HGTV’s show, “House Hunters”. She’s also the proud owner and lead color consultant for Spiral Design Color Consulting. Christina is best known for creating beautiful, functional spaces through the use of color. Her goal? To create a sense of style and personality that’s as unique as each of her clients!
First Thing’s First… Congratulations!
You’ve made a fantastic decision to earn your color consultant certification at QC Design School. Yay! You should be very excited about this endeavor! QC’s Color Consultant Course is designed to be self-paced and done from the comfort of home. As such, you’re given the freedom to complete the coursework on your own convenient timeline.
However, you’re most likely very eager to jump in and work hard to receive your color consultant certification. And why wouldn’t you be? This is your dream career, after all! So, how can you maximize your educational experience in a timely manner, in order to get that much closer to your goals?
Let’s take a look at 5 of my top tips for getting your internationally-recognized certification in as little as 3 months!
3 Ways to Earn Your Color Consultant Certification in As Little As 3 Months
Tip #1: Get Focused!
Before you begin QC’s Color Consultant Course, take some time to settle in and get focused. After all, the best way to approach your training is to first have a clear understanding of what to expect. So, here are a few things you can do:
- Go over the entire course online, as well as the course materials you’ve received from QC Design School. Get acquainted with how the coursework is structured and laid out. This way, there won’t be any surprises!
- Make sure you understand how to work through each unit and submit assignments correctly.
- Ask for clarification on anything you are not understanding now, so that you don’t waste valuable time later. Remember: QC’s Student Support Team is available 7 days a week and can be contacted here!
Tip #2: Get Organized!
One of the most important steps you can take is to get organized. This will help ensure a successful experience with completing your color consultant certification training! QC Design School’s program requires you to complete a number of different tasks throughout your assignments. Thus, staying organized is a MUST!
Here are some tricks to getting (and then staying) on top of your studies:
- Set up a dedicated study space area that is quiet.
- Confirm that you have good internet access.
- Organize a professional desk space.
- Make sure you have proper task lighting.
- Let others know that you have made this commitment.
- Double-check that you have all the necessary materials and color tools before getting started.
Tip #3: Set Yourself Up with Strong Study Habits!
If your goal is to complete your color consultant certification in just 3 months, then you need to make sure you have strong study habits. This will key for your success! Many of QC Design School’s past graduates have stated that by simply devoting 1-2 hours of their time to their studies per week, they were able to finish their course in as little as 3 months.
This may sound like a small amount of time (and it IS), but maintaining that consistent schedule still requires self-discipline. So, I recommend adopting these strong study habit activities in order to stay focused and disciplined:
- Remove all distractions from your study space.
- Turn off your phone, email, TV, and other technology.
- Go at your own pace while working through the course.
- Treat this online course as seriously as you would an in-person one.
- Let others know you are studying and thus, unavailable.
- Use any study tools that assist your unique learning style.
- Use noise cancelling headphones, if needed.
- Make sure you are well rested.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Take notes and review them often.
- Take advantage of the fact that you can watch QC’s instructional videos as many times as you want/need.
Tip #4: Focus on Time Management!
Managing your time both wisely and efficiently will definitely help you obtain your color consultant certification in as little as 3 months! On the flip side, NOT managing your time properly, or falling victim to procrastination, will ultimately slow down your progress.
If your time management skills are a little rusty, start with these simple (but critical) tasks:
- Create a realistic schedule that works well for you.
- Set up a weekly calendar – and then do your best to actually follow it.
- Dedicate 1-2 hours per week to your coursework.
- Focus on completing one unit at a time.
- Set a goal for when you want to turn in each assignment and then stick to your schedule.
- Set a timer to help you stay focused and on task.
Tip #5: Stay Motivated!
As you jump into your color consultant certification training, remember that staying motivated is extremely important in helping you stay on track. When our motivation takes a dip, it can become all to easy to fall behind. The longer we fall behind, the harder it can feel to get the ball rolling again. The better you can avoid this, the sooner you’ll be able to graduate and launch your professional career!
Use these motivational tips to keep your energy high:
- Create a creative, well-lit, and uplifting space to study in.
- Take “brain breaks” to re-center yourself. For example, go outside for some fresh air!
- Keep healthy snacks nearby.
- Switch gears when needed by working on creative tasks, such as Pinterest boards and/or color selection.
- Stay focused on WHY you’re taking this course, what your career goals are, etc.
- Keep your creativity high by exploring color trends, publications, local art, events, and anything else that keeps you motivated.
Your Color Consultant Certification: Final Thoughts
If you follow all of these tips and consider what works best to help YOU stay on track, I guarantee you’ll be able to reach your goal and receive your color consultant certification in just 3 short months! And then once you do graduate, you’ll be one GIANT step closer to putting your career goals into action!
So, go forth and turn your dreams into a reality. You’ve got this!