As a professional designer, it’s important to understand there will always be more for you to learn. Beyond the expert training you receive as part of your professional courses, another fundamental aspect to better understanding your craft is to obtain “real world” training, too!
One way to do this is by studying the leaders who have shaped – and continue to shape – the design industry. By observing their design styles, philosophies, and business practices, you can better understand:
- Home design, in a way you may never have considered before
- How industry pioneers have influenced the world of design
- Popular trends and techniques
- What it takes to start and successfully run your own design business
- How networking can help you build your business
- And so much more!
A design pioneer who should be on everyone’s radar is the one and only Jane Lockhart. Let’s learn more about this award-winning designer!
Meet Jane Lockhart
Many QC Design School students and alumni will recognize Jane from her wildly popular television show, Color Confidential, which aired on both the W Network and HGTV. (Also know as Get Color in the United States.) Others may know her as the host of QC Design School’s Color Consultant course videos.
Beyond this, Jane is known throughout the design industry for a wide variety of additional achievements! She’s a best-selling author, as well as a regular guest speaker on TV shows like The Marilyn Dennis Show and Cityline.
Her award-winning company, Jane Lockhart Design, was first launched in 1997. Since then, it’s become internationally recognized for its specialization in interior design, as well as its retail, hospitality, home, and residential renovations.
Jane is regarded as one of the best-known experts in design and color!
Learn How to Grow Your Design Business with Jane Lockhart!
Want to learn from Jane herself? On Wednesday, October 21st, 2020, join her as she goes LIVE on Zoom at 7pm (ET). Together, she’ll walk you through:
- The various industry changes resulting from COVID-19
- How you can continue to grow your business during the global pandemic
- How to take advantage of the stay-at-home-trend
- How to utilize color psychology to create peaceful spaces
- And so much more!
Make sure to stay until the very end, as Jane will end the webinar by hosting a Q&A session!
Jane’s Notable Design Services
As your professional training has taught you, the more services you can successfully add to your business, the more clients you will ultimately attract! Jane’s design firm offers a perfect example of this. Through her vast array of industry services, customers can find a one-stop-shop for ALL of their home renovation and project needs!
Here are just some of the services Jane and her team offer their clientele:
- Residential design
- Commercial design
- Model home building
- Presentation centre design
- Educational, interactive presentations and guest speaking
- Brand partnerships
- Product consulting
- 3D interior designs
- Custom furniture
They even provide “special projects”, wherein they partner with major brands through their PR agencies, in order to create “immersive, interactive experience”! Loblaws, LG One Canada, and the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) are just a few big-named companies where you might have seen Jane’s design work on display in the past!
Achievements and Awards
Jane has accomplished much in her illustrious career as a professional designer. Her long list of awards and global recognition includes:
- NKBA Design Awards: People’s Choice Award for “French Kitchen”, Best Traditional Kitchen Award, and 3rd Place for Best Overall Large Kitchen Design
- Best of Houzz 2015: Rated at the highest level for Client Satisfaction by the Houzz community
- NKBA Design Awards: 3rd Place for Medium Kitchen and People’s Pick Kitchen Award
- NKBA U.S. Competition: People’s Choice Award for Best Overall Kitchen and 3rd Place for Best Medium Kitchen
- NKBA Canada Competition: Pinnacle Award and 1st Place for Medium Kitchen, and 3rd Place for Laundry Room
- Building Industry and Land Development Association (B.I.L.D.): Best Model Home of 2010 for design and decor, Kylemore Communities
- NKBA Canada Competition: 1st Place for Best Large Kitchen Design
- National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Canada Competition: 1st Place for Best Large Kitchen Design, and Pinnacle Award for Best Overall Design
- S. NKBA Competition: 3rd Place for Overall Design
- The Institute for Performance and Learning: Gold Award for Creating and Writing and Color Foundations
- IIDEX Canada The National Design + Architecture Exposition & Conference: Gold Award for Booth Design and Best in Show
”Doing a good job and completing the job fully so you can learn from it! And getting a referral is also a major key to success.Jane Lockhart