Are you a brand-new student of QC Design School and need some tips to help you stay motivated in your online course? Or maybe you’re a recent graduate and want to start your own home design business… But aren’t sure where to begin, what to know, or how to ensure success?
Either way, we’ve got you covered!
In this Master List, we’ll provide ALL of our top recommended, in-house blog articles that will be sure to give you the information you’re looking for. From course-related topics to super specific career advice – the list below is your one-stop-shop for all the info you need!
So, let’s check out this Master List!
First Thing’s First: Have You Joined QC Design School’s Virtual Classroom Yet?
As a student and/or alumnus of QC Design School, you’re automatically eligible to join our free, private Virtual Classroom on Facebook! In fact, you can join this exclusive group literally on the day you first enroll, if you so choose. As a member of the Virtual Classroom, you can:
- Connect and network with fellow students and graduates;
- Ask questions about your course work and gain valuable feedback;
- Engage in industry-related discussions;
- Get all sorts of business and career advice;
- And more!
QC Design School’s Master List of Blog Resources
Alright, now let’s move on to the reason you’re really here…
Online Learning & QC Student Resources
If You Haven’t Yet Enrolled
If you’re not yet enrolled with QC Design School, but are thinking of enrolling, these recommended blog articles are for you:
- 10 Reasons to Enroll in QC Design School
- How Online Design Training Works
- The QC Student Experience in a Nutshell
- Meet QC’s Tutors
- Our Full List of Online, Self-Paced Certification Courses
- Tuition Rates
- Interior Decorating Schools: Online vs. In-Class
- What It’s REALLY Like to Learn Interior Decorating Online [VIDEO]
- How to Choose an Online Interior Decorating School
- Why I Chose to Learn Interior Decorating Online
- How to Choose a Professional Organizing School
- How to Choose a Home Staging School in 5 Easy Steps
- What to Expect in QC Design School’s Interior Decorating Course
- My Experience as an International Student of QC Design School
- Feng Shui Courses: Which One is Right for YOU?
- Why I Enrolled in QC’s Color Consultant Course
If You’re a QC Student
On the other hand, if you are a QC student, then these blog articles are definitely worth reading:
- 15 Strategies to Stay Motivated in an Online Course
- Sneak Peek: How Do You Study at Interior Decorator Schools?
- Floorplan Symbols 101
- Measurements for Beginners
- How to Ace Your Interior Decorating Course Assignments
- Where Can Your Interior Decorating Course Take You?
- 6 Tips for Acing Your Color Consultant Course Assignments
- Ace the Tough Topics in Your Professional Organizing Course
- 5 Tips for Supporting Your Mental Health
- How to Express Your Creativity when Learning Interior Decorating Online
- Top 7 Lessons You’ll Learn in Interior Decorating Courses
- 6 Ways to Maximize Pinterest in Your QC Course Assignments
- How to Complete Your Color Consultant Certification in as Little as 3 Months!
- How to Become a Professional Organizer in Under 6 Months!
- 10 Tips to Maximize Your Feng Shui Certification Training
- 3 Tips for Completing Your Interior Decorating Course as a Parent
- Why an Online Home Staging Certification Will Help Your Design Career
General Business & Career Advice
We’ll delve deeper into the more specific fields of home design in a moment… But in the meantime, these blog articles are 100% useful to any QC Design School graduate who’s just earned their certification and are looking for some business/career advice!
- Career Resources
- Design Associations You Can Join
- 5 Career Options After You’ve Earned Your Design Certification
- 9 Awesome Careers in Home Design with Salaries and Duties
- 5 Essential Tips to Build a Successful Design Business
- 15 Tips for Surviving the First 6 Months of Your Design Business
- 15 Reasons You Need Business Insurance as a Designer
- How to Stay Ahead of the Competition
- Client Consultation Questions: Creating the Concept
- How to Help Clients Identify Their Preferred Design Style
- 20 Customer Service Mistakes That’ll Hurt Your Design Career
- Best Practices for Client Communication
- How to Provide Better Customer Service for Your Design Business
- Trade Shows 101: Networking and Promoting Your Design Business
- How to Maximize Pinterest in Your Design Career
- How to Start a Second Career as a Design Professional
- 10 Ways Designers Can Work More Effectively with Contractors
- How to Set Achievable Goals for Your Design Project
- How to Build an AMAZING Design Portfolio
- Taking Good Design Portfolio Pictures
- 16 Reasons Why Your Home Design Business Isn’t Making Money
- Navigating Your Business Through a Slow Season
- 13 Budgeting Tips to Help Clients with Their Design Project
- 15 Social Media Mistakes That’ll Hurt Your Design Business
- How to Write a Strong Design Contract
- 25 Tips for Creating Engaging Website Content for Your Design Business
- Building Your Website: What You Need to Know
- How to Write a Blog for Your Business
- An 8-Rule Guide to Email Marketing
- 6 Steps to Beat Bad Reviews for Your Design Business
- When You Can’t Get Your Design Business Off The Ground
- Is Your Design Business Scalable?
- Starting a Home Design Business After You’ve Retired
- Can Long-Distance Design Consultations Grow Your Business?
- Is Your Design Marketing Working?
- Which Social Media Platform Should You Use to Market Your Design Business?
- How to Work with Stubborn Home Design Clients
- Packing Your Design Services
- Raising Your Professional Design Prices
- Living Through a Home Renovation: 25 Tips to Help Your Design Clients
- How to Set Up Your Home Office
- Don’t Waste Your Money on Pointless Advertising!
- 11 Essential Apps for Design Professionals
- Top Floorplanning Software for Design Professionals
- What Should I Do if My Client Doesn’t Pay Me?
- Expanding Your Professional Design Services
- The Design Entrepreneur’s Guide to Avoiding Burnout
- The Design Entrepreneur’s Guide to Planning for Retirement
Interior Decorating Resources
Alright, if you’re a student or grad of QC Design School’s Interior Decorating Course, these blog articles are a must-read for you:
- Become an Interior Decorator
- Become an Interior Decorator While Still in School
- Start an Interior Decorating Business
- Brand Your Interior Decorating Business
- Charge as an Interior Decorator
- Build a Loyal Client Base for Your Interior Decorating Business
- Become an Interior Decorator with NO Experience
Business & Career Advice for Interior Decorators:
- The Difference Between an Interior Decorator and Designer
- Interior Designer vs. Interior Decorator Salary
- A Day in the Life of an Interior Decorator
- Your Interior Decorator Salary: 5 Impacting Factors
- 5 Interior Decorator Salary Mistakes to AVOID when Pricing Your Services
- Do You Need to Have a License to Be an Interior Decorator?
- Debunking 10 Common Myths about Being an Interior Decorator
- How Much Does it Cost to Start an Interior Decorating Business?
- 9 Business Ideas for Interior Decorators
- The Best Tools for Interior Decorators
- The Best Tools to Grow Your Interior Decorating Business
- 28 Best Home Design and Interior Decorating Apps
- 17 Ways to Get Clients as an Interior Decorator
- 20 Tips to Market Your Interior Decorating Business
- The Best Places for Interior Decorators to Shop
- Why Business Knowledge is Integral to Your Interior Decorating Certification
- Interior Decorating Jobs: How to Provide Excellent Customer Service
- 10 Creative Social Media Ideas for Interior Decorators
Home Staging Resources
Are you a student or graduate of QC Design School’s Home Staging Course? If so, this section is for YOU!
- Become a Home Stager
- Become a Home Stager in Cottage Country
- Start a Business as a Home Stager in 10 Steps
- Conduct a Successful Home Staging Consultation
- Charge as a Home Stager
- Find Professional Home Staging Jobs
- Get Clients as a Home Stager
- Find Home Staging Jobs During the Slow Season
- Use Seasonal Colors in Home Staging
- Sell More Houses with Home Staging Courses
- Flip Homes with an Online Home Staging Certification
- Grow Your Salary as a Home Stager
- Network with Online Home Staging Courses
Business & Career Advice for Home Stagers:
- How Home Staging Improves the Sale
- Home Staging vs. Interior Decorating – What’s the Difference?
- A Day in the Life of a Home Stager: What to Expect
- What to Expect in Your First Year as a Home Stager
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Staging a Home in 24 Hours
- 3 Obstacles to Staging Homes and How to Overcome Them
- 25 of The Biggest Home Staging Mistakes to Avoid
- How Much Money Do Home Stagers Make?
- 25 Business Tips for Home Stagers
- 4 Tips for Booking Virtual Home Staging Jobs
- 6 Commercial Niches to Target for Home Staging Jobs
- Why Curb Appeal Knowledge is Critical to Home Staging Training
- 8 Quick Ways to Destroy Curb Appeal as a Home Stager
- How to Find Home Staging Jobs During the Slow Season
- 6 Struggles Every Home Staging Professional will Face
- The Home Stager’s Guide to Closing the Sale
- What Real Estate Agents Look for in a Home Stager
- The Home Stager’s Guide to Working with Real Estate Agents
- Be Ready to Answer These Client Questions
- Designing a Logo for Your Home Staging Business
- Don’t Overlook These 5 Staging Details Home Buyers Want to See
Professional Organizing Resources
Next, if you’re a student or alumnus of QC Design School’s Professional Organizing Course, guess what? That’s right – these blog articles have been hand-picked especially for you!
- Become a Professional Organizer
- Start a Business as a Professional Organizer
- Charge as a Professional Organizer
- Find Organizing Jobs and Network like a Pro [VIDEO]
- Market Your Professional Organizing Services to Small Businesses
- Help Busy Families Get Organized
- Find High-End Clients as a Certified Organizer
Business & Career Advice for Professional Organizers:
- What Careers Can You Get with Organizing Classes?
- 4 Emotional Skills You Need to Be a Professional Organizer
- Top Perks of Becoming a Professional Organizer
- The Pros and Cons of Starting an Organizing Business
- A Day in the Life of a Professional Organizer
- Top 7 Myths About Professional Organizing
- The Professional Organizer Salary [VIDEO]
- 5 Mistakes That’ll Hurt Your Professional Organizer Salary
- Boost Your Professional Organizer Salary with Social Media
- What Clients Look for in a Professional Organizer
- Finding Clients with Your Professional Organizing Certification
- Do’s and Don’ts of Becoming a Professional Organizer
- 15 Time-Saving Strategies for Professional Organizers
- 6 Clients Who Don’t Know They Need a Professional Organizer
- 3 Clients You Should Blacklist from Your Professional Organizing Business
- The Beginner’s Guide to Eco-Friendly Professional Organizing
- 5 Reasons Employers Love Your Professional Organizer Certification
- 6 Apps to Use with Your Professional Organizer Certification
- 4 Unique Places to Work with a Professional Organizer Certification
- Professional Organizing, Room-By-Room
Color Consulting Resources
Enrolled in – or graduated from – QC Design School’s Color Consultant Course? Cool! Then this section is for you!
Business & Career Advice for Color Consultants:
- 8 Reasons Why Color Consultant Training will Make You a Better Designer
- 5 Unexpected Skills You’ll Need as a Color Consultant
- Debunking 6 of the Most Popular Color Consultant Myths
- 5 Factors That Affect Color Perception
- Charging for Your Color Consultant Services: Flat-Rate vs. Hourly
- 6 Secret Tips for Boosting Your Color Consultant Salary
- 6 Color Consultant Services You Can Offer Without ANY Design Training
- What Clients Look for in a Color Consultant
- Life After Your Color Consultant Certification: Finding Your First Client
- 8 Questions Clients ALWAYS Ask
- Why a Color Consultant Can Help Create Curb Appeal
- A Color Consultant’s Guide to Interior Paint Coatings and Finishes
- Avoid These 4 Consultation Mistakes that ALL Rookie Color Consultants Make
- How to Add Color Consulting to Your Design Business
- How to Align Corporate Colors with Company Goals
- 3 Color Psychology Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Common Complaints You’ll Hear as a Color Consultant
- Your Color Consultant Career: Breaking Down a Virtual Consultation
Feng Shui Design Resources
If you’re a student or graduate of QC Design School’s Feng Shui Design Course, we strongly recommend that you give these blog articles a read:
Business & Career Advice for Feng Shui Consultants:
- What Clients Look for in a Feng Shui Professional
- 6 Ways to Find Feng Shui Jobs
- The 4 Central Concepts of Feng Shui
- 5 Feng Shui Rules That Should Never Be Broken
- Turning Your Feng Shui Certification into a Successful Design Career
- 10 Tips to Maximize Your Feng Shui Certification Training
- Why Feng Shui Knowledge will Make You a Better Interior Decorator
- Understanding the Feng Shui Bagua Map – Part 1
- Understanding the Feng Shui Bagua Map – Part 2
- Tips for Drawing the Bagua Map
- 6 Tips for Pulling Off a Room Redesign
- Incorporating Color in Feng Shui Room Design
- Feng Shui Room Design for the Workplace
- Feng Shui Designs for Every Room
- Be Ready to Answer These Client Questions
Additional Design Resources
- QC Design School’s Virtual Design Training Mini Course
- Increase Your Interior Designer Salary with QC’s Virtual Design Training!
- Why YOU Should Take QC’s Virtual Design Course [VIDEO]
- The 8 Best Virtual Design Services to Offer Clients
- The Benefits of Offering E-Design Services to Clients
- How to Work Remotely as a Designer
You Can Also Reach Out to Our Awesome Student Support Team!
Here at QC Design School, our wonderful Student Support Team is available and always happy to help you – however they can! Specifically, they can be reached Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm EST.
So, how can you get in touch with them?
Simple: by phone, email, and live chat, of course!
All of their contact information can be found here, so don’t hesitate to reach out to them for ANY reason!
Got Any Blog Topics You’d Like to See?
Is there a blog topic you were hoping to see, but wasn’t listed here?
Let us know in the comments below! We’re always looking to hear YOUR feedback and ideas. That way, we can better tailor and cater the Student Experience to you!
Thanks for reading – and we look forward to hearing what you have to say!